Killaveney Old Cemetery: Whitefield

Tombstone inscriptions

By Ciarán J. O'Byrne

This cemetery rests on the site of a Penal era church where mass was celebrated by people and priests of Killavaney Parish.  The Penal church was burned on November 11th 1798 by Yeoman soldiers but was later rebuilt.  It was cruciform in style, with two transepts and a nave.  The present church of St. Kevin was built in 1843.

See below document listing tombstone inscriptions from the cemetery:

Photo:Aerial view of cemetery

Aerial view of cemetery

Photo:Dedication stone erected in Jubilee year 2000

Dedication stone erected in Jubilee year 2000

Photo by Ciarán J. O'Byrne

This page was added by Catherine Wright on 27/08/2019.